Hi Hayley, I really like the casual look of smart jogging bottoms and just haven't managed to find the right ones. I am also not sure exactly how to wear them and what to team with it. I would really love to nail the trend for spring, can you help?!
Of course I can! The staple sportswear item has been given a makeover over recent years and is now a great casual contemporary alternative to jeans and oh so comfy! Here are Olivia Palmero, Emma Stone and Emily Blunt sporting the trend.
To look contemporary and avoid veering into Vanilla Ice or Vicky Pollard territory follow these top tips:
- Slim cut pair. For a contemporary silhouette, no MC Hammer crotch!
- Neutral shade. Will give you maximum styling options.
- Keep it simple. Team with t-shirts, vest tops, relaxed knits.
- Cover up. Try a leather or denim jacket.
- Choose the fabric wisely. Go for a pair with a tailored element to them in a good quality jersey or light weight cotton. Avoid the thick heavy material of traditional sports wear.
How to Wear
One of the trickiest things most people find with wearing a sports inspired trouser is what footwear to team it with. Keep it casual in line with it's sportswear roots, by teaming it with trainers, sandals, espadrilles or Toms during the daytime. If you want to wear them for evening, you can swap them for some heels for a nightime look. Here are some ideas:
The black jogging bottoms featured below are from Hush (£49.50) and also available in khaki and charcoal so a neutral to co-ordinate with every colour palette. All the other pieces are from the High Street, simply click for all the details.